Research and mapping
- Client meeting to agree brief and search parameters.
- Research into relevant sectors, industries and target companies.
- Thorough mapping of the market to identify potential candidates and sources.
- Relevant advertising undertaken where appropriate.
- Direct approach of agreed targets.
- Recommendations sought from within our known candidate network.
- Response from any advertising fully assessed and considered.
- Initial telephone interviews conducted with all interested parties.
Longlist and shortlist presentation
- Longlist of preferred candidates presented and discussed.
- Face to face interviews with agreed candidates against the brief.
- Shortlist presented, usually between 3 and 6 candidates.
- Search report identifying all candidates considered with reasons for rejection.
- All unsuccessful candidates contacted and informed.
Client interviews and offer negotiation
- Management of the client/candidate interview process to completion.
- Feedback and advice to all parties.
- Assistance with package negotiations with preferred candidate.
- Help providing references as appropriate.
- Regular, post appointment contact with client and candidate.
We have a proven track record in delivering successful executive search assignments. Unlike a lot of search firms we start with a network of high quality candidates who are well known to us, so we rarely have to start completely from scratch. Our rigorous search methodology starts with the definition of a precise brief with our client. Research and detailed mapping exercises are teamed with personal recommendations and advertising where appropriate before candidates are approached directly. The result is a detailed coverage of the relevant market and a shortlist that leaves no stone unturned. Our candidates tick all the boxes including the all important personality fit with the management team and business culture. Making this match is what we're known for.
A recent search included mapping and approaching 60 candidates from target companies along with 150 applicants to an advert. This lead to a long list of 18 interviews against the brief and a final shortlist of 6, who were interviewed by the client. This lead to a tough decision being made between 3 choices and a successful appointment.
My experience with Chief Officers Group was a model of how a search appointment should work. A very smooth, robust and effectively managed process with a great end result.
Des Gunewardena, Chairman & CEO, D&D London
- +44(0)203 170 8737